Nashville Music Tour
- Music Museums: Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum Go downtown and visit the world’s largest music museum geared towards country music. Also nearby is the Johnny Cash Museum on 3rd Ave Featuring the most comprehensive collection of Johnny Cash artifacts and memorabilia in the world, this is THE Cash venue to visit for all ages. Then stroll up to the George Jones Museum on 2nd Avenue, which offers visitors a never-before-seen look into the life and career of the musical icon. Honoring musicians from stars to studio players that represent all genres of music, the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum is housed in the Nashville Municipal Auditorium. From Hank Williams, Sr. to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motown to Southern Rock – there is truly something of interest to everyone.
- Take a tour of Music Row (around 16th and 17th Avenues South) and see where many music labels and recording studios are based at. Visit historic RCA Studio B, the famous recording studio where Elvis recorded over 200 songs. Roy Orbison, Dolly Parton, Chet Atkins, Eddy Arnold and many more recorded classic hits here.
- Songwriters-In-the-Round Show, In the round or a writers night are popular terms in Nashville, what you may not know is your favorite artist may have bought the song you love from a songwriter, here you can hear the lesser known people who may have created that #1 hit. Bluebird Cafe is probably the most popular spot, it is a small location so you want to get there early. The Listening Room Cafe is popular as well.
- Located downtown The Ryman Auditorium, also called the “Mother Church of Country Music,” has had artists as diverse as Jon Bon Jovi and Patsy Cline perform on its legendary stage since 1892. You can take a backstage tour and record your own song in the Ryman recording studio. This a must see for a tour but also a great place to catch a concert during your visit.Grand Ole Opry out beside the Opry Mall, The stars of the Grand Ole Opry perform every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday night (at the Ryman Auditorium November-January; at the Grand Ole Opry House February-October) with guest appearances by the biggest names in music. With 90 years under its belt, it’s the world’s longest-running radio broadcast and shows no signs of slowing down.
- Visit Honky Tonk Highway (Lower Broadway) A multitude of music clubs and honky-tonk bars can be found in downtown Nashville, particularly the area encompassing Lower Broadway, Second Avenue, and Printer’s Alley, which is often referred to as “the District”. Many big names have been discovered on Broadway and 2nd ave and from time to time they come back and play a surprise show such as Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley and other stars began their careers on Lower Broadway.The following honkytonks are full of energy and you will rarely see a cover charge, Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, Legends Corner, Second Fiddle, The Stage, Layla’s Bluegrass Inn and Robert’s Western World, ACME Feed & Seed, Bootleggers Inn, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Paradise Park Trailer Resort, Tequila Cowboy, Tin Roof Broadway are all experts at serving up cool longnecks and hot country music.
- Wildhorse Saloon on Second Ave has Southern food, live-music acts, multiple bars & free nightly line dance lessons in a 3-story space.
- Take a walk on Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge and take in the views of Downtown Nashville
- Like Blues music? BB King’s Blues Club also on Second Ave has some great Blues Music and Southern Food and on Printer’s Alley is Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar has Cajun cuisine & blues presented 7 nights per week in Mardi Gras-themed surroundings.
- The Station Inn (402 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203) has the best bluegrass music in Nashville, Seats are first-come, first-served at this intimate venue, where live bluegrass plays every night.
- Popular venues for ticketed concerts is Bridgestone Arena, Ascend Amphitheater (warmer months), Ryman Auditorium, Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Grand Ole Opry, Marathon Music Works, 3rd and Lindsley, Exit Inn and Mercy Lounge.